Boost Your Career with Microsoft Global Skill Initiative-TECH CENTRAL Nigeria
Since its launch in June 2020, Microsoft Global skill for the future Initiative has made accessible for free, learning resources and relevant professional certifications at affordable prices. The initiative was aimed at providing digital skills to twenty-five million people as required during the COVID-19 economy, including helping those who have become unemployed due to the pandemic land their next jobs.
READ ALSO: Top Tools for Digital Storytelling
Using data from Linkedln’s Economic Graph, it is possible to spot in-demand skills, emerging jobs, and global hiring rates, making it easy to create opportunities for the global workforce. As part of the Microsoft ecosystem, LinkedIn also provided free expert-taught courses on ten in demand and sustainable jobs which can be learned online.
Ten in-demand jobs identified to be sustainable and can be learned online, according to LinkedIn, are:
In addition, Microsoft is also providing low-cost access to industry-recognized certifications which would be offered to demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Technologies.
The certifications are available at a large discounted fee of $15 when compare to more than $100 originally. From September 2020, all exam takers have up till December 31st, 2021 to complete their exams.
Microsoft Certifications that can be taken at the discounted rate due to COVID-19 impact:
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Data Fundamentals
- Microsoft Certified: Azure AI Fundamentals
- Microsoft Certified: Power Platform Fundamentals
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Fundamentals
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Developer Associate
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Security Engineer Associate
- Microsoft Certified: Power Platform App Maker Associate
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Teams Administrator Associate
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Security Administrator Associate
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Developer Associate
- Microsoft Certified: Data Analyst Associate
Based on the Global Knowledge’s 2020 IT Skills and Salary Report published in 2020, IT professionals tend to be more effective in their jobs after certification because of the training investment required. This is one reason why certifications are found to be valuable to job seekers and those looking to climb up the career ladder.
Written by Isah Abdul